In Your Face

In Your Face
Thought provoking opinions on topical issues.

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Signs of Life

Back in mid October 2003 I wrote an article, “The Only Party in Town”, which castigated the disunity of the UK Conservative Party and the fact that there was no credible opposition to Tony Blair.

I forwarded it to Central Office and my local Conservative Association, I heard nothing.

Since then the Party has changed leader, and seems to have “pulled itself” together. Evidence of this renewal came to me on Sunday; in the form a belated response to the article, from my local Association.

Whilst this response may be some weeks late, and events have moved on since the article was written; it does give me hope that there are signs of recovery in the Conservatives.

This bodes well for the UK, whatever one’s political persuasion, as the current Administration most definitely needs a credible and visible opposition in Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment